Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Preparing

As is typical for me and my family, we have got A LOT on our plate.  Possible new home (we are under contract and just waiting for the inspector's report), putting our house on the market, bathroom remodeling, painting....and having a baby.

With work, the home(s) situation and feeling like I was hit by a dump truck, I haven't been able to get as much done as I would have liked to prepare for the baby.  Now that I am only 5 weeks from his due date, I am in a panic.  I'm making lists like crazy.  Unlike Jody, I don't like lists!  I can be too easily consumed by them.  I'm a list maker like a donut addict.  I make them and hate them at the same time.

First on the List:  Paint Kitchen - 98% Complete



The walls are now yellow and the true color is somewhere between both of these pictures.  Like I said, I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  I just didn't feel like getting up to take another picture.  We have some touching up to do, but nothing serious.  Hooray!

I've had a few friends ask me why I wanted the kitchen painted before the baby comes.  Mainly just because it REALLY needed it.  I figured we could kill 2 birds with one stone, too.  It needed it and we needed to do it to sell the house.  So, might as well do it now instead of adding it to the GIANT list of things to do after the baby comes.

Second on the List:  Remodel Bathroom - 75% Complete

Why remodel the bathroom?  Same as painting the kitchen.  I would rather get it done now.  And, it REALLY needed it.   Here's another peek.  We are using it, but the husband needs to finish it up this week.


#3:  Wash All Baby Clothes - 80% Complete

#4:  Purchase and Set-Up Baby Changing Table - UGH:





Can you believe that this was shipped by Fed Ex??!  It looks like it traveled through the depths of Africa on an elephant's back before being loaded on a freight ship to wind up in the back of someone's pickup truck from Toledo to here!  I have never had a package show up so damaged....and definitely not from Fed Ex.

I'm really bummed about it.  Sure, I can send it back and wait for another.  But, I don't think I'm willing to take the chance on it arriving back here on time.  I need the storage space for some of the baby's things.  Looks like we have another project to add to the list:


#5:  Repair and Touch Up Changing Table - See above.

#6:  Find an Easter dress for M - Not Started.

#7:  Deep Clean - About 1/4 of the way done:


M's room is 100%.  Hooray!  Yeah, I'm doubting that it will stay that way, too.  At least I know everything was REALLY cleaned.  Including toys with Lysol wipes!  Hey, I've got to nest.


Frankly, it's getting me a little down and anxious to be spelling out my "To Do in the Next 4 Weeks List"!  Let me just say this, just today I realized that I haven't even thought about birth announcements and baby pictures.  And, it was just yesterday that I thought about packing my bag for the hospital.  My lists are groooooowing.  And, the clock is ticking. 

Gonna go wash my Bobby cover now.

Preparing for baby, preparing for baby, preparing for baby, Fed Ex destroyed package, Fed Ex destroyed package, hospital bag for delivery, delivery preparations for hospital, Bobby cover, Boppy cover, Boppy cover, kitchen paint, kitchen paint ideas, kitchen paint ideas, nesting, nesting, nesting for baby, nesting for baby, nesting for baby, Super Tuesday, Super Tuesday, Super Tuesday, Super Tuesday, Fed Ex package destroyed, baby changing table, baby changing table, Badger changing table, Badger changing table, Badger Changing Table, Badger Changing Table, Badger Changing Table, preparing for baby, preparing to bring baby home, nesting for baby, nesting for baby, preparing to bring baby home, bringing baby home.


  





No comments:

Post a Comment