Monday, March 5, 2012

An experience....Right?

Monday seems to be my "WEEKEND UPDATE"....so in holding to my tradition here it goes.

This weekend did not lack it's usual chaos.....

Friday: started out with a funeral for my friends brother where I was asked to take photos.  There were a few jokes about my new found career as a funeral photographer....which would be about the MOST depressing job I could have.  I graciously declined and told my friend only for her, so no more deaths!

I was happy to help create a final memory for her family and did get a few special candid shots for future reflection. 

This funeral helped remind me how grateful I am for my siblings and my family.  They mean everything to me!

Saturday: On a happier note, I headed down south to Holden UT (tiny little farm town) to a bridal shower for a member of my hubby's side of the family. We are all very excited for their upcoming wedding.  

I told my husband going down to Holden is like visiting a gene pool on STEROIDS!  The women are all intelligent, accomplished AND gorgeous and they have all married Handsome Doctors, Dentists or Savvy Business Men.  (The hubby seemed to not like that comment too much and sarcastically apologized for only being 50% of that gene pool :) I quickly reminded him I was 0% of the gene pool so at least our kids have 1/4 of it, no thanks to me ;). It is an interesting phenomenon and hilarious to think about.  

Maybe there is something in their well water ;). 

On the way home we stopped to use my Groupon at Sammy's, the restaurant I talked about in last weeks post.
I was SO Disappointed!  Upon entering you could instantly see that this was going to be "An Experience" there were people lined up and down the crammed little aisle......no one knew where the line began or where it ended.....the only employee up at the front was making all of the shakes AND taking orders.  

We went into the seating area which had NO Clean tables, many of them still having food on them.  My husband even saw a woman go into the bathroom and come out with a paper towel with soap on it to clean the table she was sitting at.

The decor you could tell was a "DIY" job and although the intent was to appear "Artsy" and "Local" it failed at the attempt.  The food was pretty good and so were their shakes but the service and the chaos ruined it for us.

All that I could think about was "Why didn't I bring my camera"!  That is one fun thing about blogging.  You always want to take pictures of the "Odd going's on" for a later blog post.

I went to bed as my AMAZING hubby stayed up and bottled chicken.  I know it sounds gross and even looks worse.
Yuck.....Sorry Heather for the unappetizing photo ;).  

Once you can get past the LOOK of the stuff it is the most AMAZING chicken to cook with.  First of all it is fully cooked.  Which makes for the fastest dinners ever!  In fifteen minutes you can have: Chicken Tacos, Fajitas, Chicken Pasta, etc.  It is so moist and tender and it is easy to do.  You just raw pack it in the bottles and put it in the pressure cooker for 90 minutes.  The juice actually comes from the chicken. 

Sunday:  My once again AMAZING hubby was on a bottling rampage and decided instead of letting our extra bag of potatoes go bad he would bottle those up too!  He cracks me up.  

I myself relaxed and cleaned the house to some of the best music around.  My favorite musician hands down.  Ben Harper.  

This is one of my favorites from his new album.  If you have not heard Ben Harper before I STRONGLY suggest that you do.  I don't think you will be disappointed ;). 

Sometimes I forget how powerful music is.  When I listen to my IPod while cleaning I actually have a good attitude...which is a rarity when cleaning.  I decided I must add MORE MUSIC to the 2012 list ;).

So, there was my weekend.....How was yours?

 Ben Harper, Ben Harper, Bottled Chicken, Bottled Potatoes, Sammy's Pie Shake Parlor, Ben Harper, Ben Harper, Bottled Chicken, Bottled Potatoes, Sammy's Pie Shake Parlor Ben Harper, Ben Harper, Bottled Chicken, Bottled Potatoes, Sammy's Pie Shake Parlor Ben Harper, Ben Harper, Bottled Chicken, Bottled Potatoes, Sammy's Pie Shake Parlor

No comments:

Post a Comment