Friday, March 23, 2012

Funny...it was time for us to roll up our sleeves as well.......

We too rolled up our sleeves yesterday, for our Thursday art project that is!

Heather....oh Heather!  This is just so par for the course with us right?  I keep thinking I can't even IMAGINE how she feels right now; however that is not entirely true.  We moved right before "B" was born, while I was on bedrest and right after Indiana's hospitalization with asthma.  Breathing is a good thing, I am not sure you will have time for it ;), however it is VERY important!

I am very excited for you guys and we would love to come and help so PLEASE ask!  We can blog about it too ;).  If anyone can do it, I know you two can.

This week's art project was also thanks to Pinterest!  Found HERE


Now, while ours didn't turn out quite this FABULOUS.  We still had fun! 

 This is a simple, fun, messy project :).  

Supplies you will need:
A ball of yarn (We used what we had kicking around, I really liked the variegated like the photo above)
A LOT of Elmer's glue (Watered down is best)
Paper plates
Plastic bowls or containers (Empty yogurt cups work great)
Plastic Wrap
Scissors
Kids

Instructions: 
Cover your plastic "bowl/cup" with saran wrap
Cut yarn into approximately 17 in. lengths (how many you cut depends on the size of the cup)
Pour glue mixture onto paper plate 
COAT your yarn.  I mean a LOT of glue.
Place yarn around your cup/bowl.  As you will see below there is no right or wrong way to do it.  Some like it messy, some like it neat.  I am a messy kinda' gal ;).

Cover the bowl/cup as much as you would like but keep in mind that it will need to be strong enough/have enough coverage on the bottom to hold goodies (if that is your intention).

Let them dry overnight.  Take them off the bowl and remove the plastic wrap.
This project will take about an hour.
 












 Old shirt / Paint shirt recommended
 "B's" loved the outside Sink
 Voila!
 This one is probably my favorite.
I think I like them all stacked up the best! 

Indiana said she wants to put Easter grass and Cadbury mini eggs inside.  I would have to agree, since they are the best Easter chocolates out there!  

Happy Friday everyone!

 
 Easter art project ideas, Kids Easter art projects, Kids Easter ideas, Easter Art Projects, Easter art project ideas, Kids Easter art projects, Kids Easter ideas, Easter Art Projects, Easter art project ideas, Kids
 

No comments:

Post a Comment