Monday, March 19, 2012

What a weekend!!!

It is my Monday, WEEKEND UPDATE post :)

It was a great one....I would say I could sum it up in a sentence: Jam Packed, productive and full of family fun; but then what would I blog about? ;). 

So, here is the recap instead: 

Saturday: We celebrated in St. Patty's (or Paddy as some will say it) style.  I started off the day bright and early at 3:30 am when "B" decided to wake up and play with the dog instead of sleep.  

She is my "sleep challenged child".  I decided to take the quiet time once she fell back asleep to get ready for my busy day. 

The leprechauns visited my house.....and left gifts on the table. 


The Fruit Rainbow food assignment was a hit!  


Of course my hubby had to go the extra mile, which means I will need to run an extra mile with all that cookie crust, real cream topping and white chocolate drizzle-yumminess.


It will be worth the run (once I am better enough TO run ;)

Then on to our annual Green Dinner & my nephews birthday!  

Although you can not see it that well, even the rolls were green!  It was an all out green fest...Fun stuff!

There was a scavenger hunt, shamrock maze placemats and we ended with some "Lucky" Bingo

I would have to say overall, the party was a hit!

 Look at these little leprechauns!

Sunday: Thinking I would finally get some downtime, I got dragged out of bed at 8:30 am to go to breakfast.  

I HATE going to breakfast! I feel like I wake up too early, waste money and get so full I just want to go home and take a nap.  

I would far rather eat my toast and banana, drink a cup of coffee, keep the money and call it good.

From there we went on the search for a new vacuum.....I can home with a Dyson. 

Not something I  have ever wanted to spend that kind of money on.  I am a pretty practical, frugal person and a Dyson has always seemed like a buy I just couldn't justify. 

The hubby and the "Coyster" talked me into it, saying they would actually be "Excited to vacuum".  Well it worked...yesterday at least.  My hubby came straight home and  vacuumed EVERY room in the house.  

Now that is a nice change; I am starting to like my purchase after all ;)

How was your weekend?  Any fun St. Patty's day parties?  

No comments:

Post a Comment