Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Politics...what else?

Me and Heather have pretty similar political views.  When starting our blog we discussed and decided not to get too political due to the political drama going on in the US right now.  It is SOAP Opera worthy I tell you.  They should have a SOAP called "The Politicians" I know I would watch it! We already have the reality TV.  

As you know Mitt took NH (not surprised) who I was surprised with taking second was Ron Paul.  Since I vote on the other side of the spectrum it is good to see the opposition.  However I do have to chuckle when I think of Obama and Paul squaring off.  They are both such "Idealists" with grand plans.

While their agendas could not be more different, their campaign styles almost seem as if they were purchased as a PR firms standard "Movement Marketing" package.  One for the right, one for the left ;).

While I doubt that Paul will be the republican nominee I do see why people are drawn to the "movement(s)" whether it be: Obama's-YES WE CAN,Paul's-R"EVOL"UTION, the 99% movement/Occupy Movement, Tea Party....etc...etc.   We are all ready for the big change and a leader that can get us there.  

It is much easier to blame one party or person for the state of our country and rely on a movement or person for the solution. 

We didn't get here overnight or even in the last two years.  Big problems need big solutions.  (Now I sound like a politician :)

This is as deep in the political muck as I will go.  I am in no way blogging as a voice of reason on the matter, just observing and commenting.  

While I am not a Romney fan, ironically he is a relative....a DISTANT relative.  My dad's second cousin, so who knows what that makes me.  My son said this morning.  "Romney won New Hampshire? Oh well, if he is elected at least I get to tell everyone he is my relative".  Which MIGHT actually be a "good thing" here in Utah.

Enough about politics....I promised I would post some more family pics once I got them downloaded.  All I have to say is "We Tried".  I think I am going to have to go to the professionals with my family, we need some serious help :).  Our couple pics turned out, and the kids did great in the big family photos and individual photos.  Our family on the other hand, looks a little like the government....disjointed ;).






No comments:

Post a Comment