Saturday, January 21, 2012

Not envious

Looks like today's headline is that Newt will take South Carolina, beating out Romney.  Wow.  Very interesting....  NOT! 

Does anyone really care much about the Republican Primaries?  Seriously.  Okay, of course there are thousands upon thousands of people that are watching this race closely and certainly the candidates care.  But, it seems to me that the media has more interest in it than the average Joe.  There has not been one conversation at my work (mostly die hard Republicans there) about who they would like to see win.  Nothing amongst play group, friends, family.  Even me, the news junkie, doesn't bother to click on the story for details. 

For me, they all seem the same.  Politicians.  Left side, right side, middle.  I am so tired of the political circus in our Nation's Capital.  There is not one potential candidate on the right that I believe would or even could make any significant or necessary changes needed to kick this country back in to high gear.  I am having a difficult time seeing anything of substance past their desire for fame and power.

Speaking of fame and power.....nope, I'm not envious of Mitt Romney.  HAHA.  Did anyone catch Romney's "envy" remarks the day after winning New Hampshire?  In his N.H. victory speech Romney called President Obama "a leader who divides us with the bitter politics of envy."  The day following a reporter asked Romney to clarify his remarks:

QUESTIONER: Did you suggest that anyone who questions the policies and practices of Wall Street and financial institutions, anyone who has questions about the distribution of wealth and power in this country, is envious? Is it about jealousy, or fairness?

ROMNEY: You know, I think it’s about envy. I think it’s about class warfare. When you have a president encouraging the idea of dividing America based on 99 percent versus one percent, and those people who have been most successful will be in the one percent, you have opened up a wave of approach in this country which is entirely inconsistent with the concept of one nation under God.

Before I continue on with a novella on this issue and post more of Mitt's comments that day (and Jody has a near heart attack for the politics post), I will say this to end:  While I can't ever remember voting for a Republican President (yes, I have voted for Republicans), I can say that had I considered voting for one this time, it will not happen if the candidate is Mitt Romney.  For that comment alone, he will never receive my vote.  If I were in my young 20's I'm sure I'd be pretty amped up by it, calling him a few choice words.  Older now, I will show my complete disgust with a vote to someone else.

Mitt Romney envy remarks, Mitt Romney envy, Mitt Romney envy remarks, Mitt Romney response to New Hampshire speech, Mitt Romney class warfare, Mitt Romney envy speech, Mitt Romney envy speech, Mitt Romney class warfare





 

No comments:

Post a Comment