Friday, January 13, 2012

Ahhhh

I had the best morning yesterday!  I had an early morning doctors appointment and glucose test.  Blood draws are NEVER fun.  And, as tired as I have been lately, getting up extra early was not fun either.  But, there happened to be a silver lining to dragging my butt out of bed to get stuck in the arm:  An hour at the mall......by MYSELF!

After my appointment I realized that I didn't have to be back to work for another hour.  I needed to grab a gift for a friend so I headed to the mall.  The last time I was at the mall I drove around the parking lot for a good 30 minutes, couldn't find a parking spot and finally said "forget it!" and left.  That was in December.  Holiday crowds filled the every nook and cranny of the shopping emporium.  Today I found a spot right in front of one of my favorite stores:  Nordstrom.  Hooray!  I walked in, took a nice long breath....Ahhh.  The holiday crowds were gone.  No one pushing or shoving.  Not a stroller within 100 feet.  I walked over to the MAC counter and found three employees waiting to help ME.  I was able to buy some makeup in 10 minutes flat. 

Since I still had plenty of time, I headed for Nordy's barrista and bought the best coconut flavored latte I have ever tasted.  Okay, it probably wasn't the best ever, but it sure seemed like a little bit of heaven.  That and the slice of pumpkin bread was divine.  It was then that I realized that not only were the pushing ugly crowds gone, I was actually enjoying my latte without having to say "Wait just a minute" or "We will look for the green car stroller after mom looks in this one store".  I was ALONE!  Of course I love my little bug more than anything, but to enjoy a little QUIET time was absolutely wonderful!

I savored the rest of my hour at the mall.  I actually got to browse.  I found the perfect gift for my friend and left feeling like a brand new woman.  If I wasn't carrying an extra 15 pounds on my front side, I probably would have jumped as high as I could throwing one fist pump in the air and clicking my heels behind me.  No serious, I would.

Photo courtesy of Shannonigans
****************

On another exciting note, M had her very first dentist visit on Wednesday.  It went great!



She was a little apprehensive at first. 
The Hygienist was very smart, though.  She cleaned my teeth first so that M could see that it didn't hurt at all.  M was adamant that she did not want her "teeth scraped with the metal thing."  But, she was ready to ride in the "Fancy Nancy Chair" and get her teeth "sparkly".




She was so proud and couldn't wait to tell her dad how brave she was.
Success!

First dentist visit, Nordstrom Cafe, Nordstrom latte, Nordstrom coconut latte, First visit to dentist, toddler dental visit, toddler dentist visit, first dental visit, Nordstrom cafe, coconut skinny latte, first dental visit, toddler dental visit, toddler dentist



PS -  Don't worry, the latte I had yesterday was decaf.  Now that tells you how good it really was.  Decaf AND delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment