Monday, April 23, 2012

Souvenirs!!!!

Well, the fun is over and it is back to reality.  It was a BLAST! 

I even brought back a few souvenirs: 

1. A new pair of Tevas (an early Mother's day present to replace my oldies which have bit the dust)
2. Some great pics
3. A HORRIBLE sunburn!  

Who knew SPF 15 doesn't cut it when you spend hours by the pool in 95 degree weather?  

I am pretty sure any person...using their brain. Obviously...I was not :).

Aside from the burn, it was a great time.  

Friday we hit Zions National Park:

It could not have been better weather.
First stop....Lunch of course ;).  There were thousands of caterpillars everywhere!  Indiana would have been in Heaven!
After lunch we hit the shuttle.  Those poor white legs didn't stand a chance against the sun :)

First hike on the agenda: Emerald Pools

 Beautiful!

 Then onto The Grotto:


Finishing the day with Weeping Rock:


Good times!

Saturday we hit Red Rocks State Park where we hiked what I call the "Mini Narrows".  Unfortunately all of the photo proof of our death defying hiking, swimming and cliff jumping was lost when my sister gave her phone a bath in the hot tub after hiking :).  We are hoping some of the photos will survive!

To finish off the trip, the rest of Saturday and Sunday were spent lounging by the pool....Ahhhhh....

I returned home so sunburned I couldn't sleep.  

The one souvenir I could have lived without ;). 

How was your weekend?   Zions National Park, Zions, Weeping Rock,
The Grotto, Emerald Pools, Red Rock State Park, The Grotto, Emerald Pools, Red Rock State Park, Zions National Park
Zions National Park, Zions, Weeping Rock,Zions National Park, Zions, Weeping Rock,Zions National Park, Zions, Weeping Rock,



No comments:

Post a Comment