Monday, April 30, 2012

Everything looks better with color......

Including myself :).  Unfortunately, my last weekend sunburn just at the point of turning to a tan began to peel :(.  Oh well.  Who needs color in California...right?

This weekend I headed outside with two cans of spray paint, one paint sample, a rocking chair and a whole lot of cheap plastic plant pots. 

I quickly realized why I don't get many of these projects done :).  Since the hubby was gone for the day with my oldest I had the two girls and man did they want to paint!  

First we started with the chair:  
This was my rocking chair I got as a child.  I have been meaning to refinish it for years. 
I went with Aqua on the color to match the Princess Room of course! 
 I ran into a couple minor problems....
I am FAR from an expert as you can see :)
 Indiana was LOVIN' it!
Lawn mowing day is a great day to paint :)
I did a little distressing.....I was VERY glad for the distressing to hide my great painting skills ;).
And Here is the finished product!
Then onto the flower pots....Unfortunately my mom got to them before I was able to take a BEFORE picture :).  She does not have a blogging mind ;).  Trust me they were forest green and UGLY!

We went with Eden on the pots to give them a more "Garden-ey" feel
Then on to the front flower pots...my favorite!  Indiana was finally able to use her mad painting skills :)

I took these beat up drab black flower pots and gave them a cheery facelift!
Nothing says "Cheery" like some goldenrod yellow......
With purple flowers!  

I would have to say they were a success!  After all that hard work I just had to head up to the city for some much needed fun with one of my favorite people.....I will let Heather take over from here ;).

So how was your weekend?  If you have any fun DIY projects we would love to see them! 
 DIY Flower pots, DIY Paint Projects, DIY Garden Projects, DIY Flower pots, DIY Paint Projects, DIY Garden Projects, DIY Flower pots, DIY Paint Projects, DIY Garden Projects,

No comments:

Post a Comment