Wednesday, April 18, 2012

CALIFORNIA Dreamin......

We are well into our Vaca plans to Cali!  I am now getting REALLY excited.  This is good news for me because I have had very mixed feelings on this vacation.  While I know my kids truly deserve it and will love Disneyland.  I can help but think of the tropical vacation the hubby and I could be taking with the money we are spending on this trip (heading into peak season in Cali) OR how much money we could save to go toward other VERY important things.

Before passing the bad mom judgement on this comment....hear me out :).  

Rewind back to my ten year anniversary.  We really wanted to go to Hawaii.  We started on the plans and got really close to booking.  This is where we decided that it was not the most fiscally responsible thing to do.   A lot of it would be going on a credit card that we wouldn't be able to pay off right away;  So, we decided to get SOD for the backyard instead.  While we have been very glad for the SOD we promised ourselves a nice vacation in the near future.

On to the OR....

Coming out of a financial hell year, I KNOW there are many better things we should pay off or save our little saved money on.  We have a business start up to fund, a down payment on a house to save up for, debt to pay off......the list goes on.  

I have NEVER been a humbug vacationer.  I grew up with gypsy's as parents and I was fortunate enough to make it to almost every state in the US and three countries before getting married.  Money was never in abundance growing up, my parent's just budgeted for their budget travel and budget travel we did!  That could be a whole other blog post in itself :).

For me to worry about going on a vacation shows these are truly some "Tough economic times"!

Getting to "Swim in the Ocean" has been on my "List" for two years now, so I am excited I will ACTUALLY get to cross it off.   I have altered the agenda a little bit to include a few of MY destinations.  

First on the list: two nights in SOLVANG.  A quaint little Danish style town. 
starlinetours.com
Second destination on the Agenda: Pismo Beach 
http://www.beachandisland.net/pismo-beach/
Third on the agenda: San Luis Obispo (I have to see why this is the happiest place to live in America)
capps.house.gov
Then on our way to Anaheim we will stop off at my last request: Santa Monica Pier
latimesblogs.latimes.com
If I can get these few destinations in I will happily spend two grueling days in the other "Happiest Place on Earth"  (for the kids that is :).

I would love to throw in Big Sur but I think I might already have hit my destination max for this trip.  There is always next time.  Maybe that will be my beach trip with the hubby!  

What are your plans for the summer?  Any fun vacations planned? 

No comments:

Post a Comment