Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Fast Food Fast

Me and my hubby have been discussing doing a month without eating out for a while now.  It was actually my husband that decided it would be April.  If he is game I am ALL over this challenge! 

I keep calling 2012 the year of "Fiscal Responsibility" in my house.  With two surgeries for the hubby last year and six months out of work, not to mention the crazy renter who left us holding the bill AND a job change.  We are now finally starting to climb out.

On the health side.  I started 2012 twenty-five pounds lighter.  I CAN NOT gain the weight back.  The hubby on the flip side is trying to get rid of what he brought in to 2012 :).  The weight battle....is relentless!  

What better reason to go on the Fast Food Fast....right? 

I am hoping we will come out of this with our wallets heavier and our bodies lighter! 

So far we are 14 days in and the hubby has already lost five pounds and  we have saved at the very least 60 bucks.  I would say a win win!  

I am hoping to re-train my brain to crave this fast food:

Instead of this: 
I think it's working!

On the cravings side:

The hubby has a lot more energy and is craving salt less (a huge feat on his end).

I have not even had one craving for my favorite lunch: Wingers sticky fingers and fries (once again a huge feat for myself).

Next on the "Food fast" list: SUGAR!  A feat that gives me anxiety just thinking about!  

What could/should you go a month without?

(I know my list could be long.  Baby steps....Right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment