Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Our own worst enemy....

Oh Heather,  I SO remember those days.  I threatened to quit nursing on almost a daily basis :).  When "B" came home from the NICU I thought, "YAY I am done nursing"....nope I had to do the nursing/supplementing.  I can truly say I sympathize.

Once I was finished I had an entire DEEP FREEZER full of milk which later accidentally got unplugged.   It was heart wrenching!  I laughed and cried when we loaded off two metal garbage cans full of sour breast milk :(.  

You are truly an amazing mother doing an amazing thing for your son.  I know one thing my friend, your kids are truly blessed to have you as their "Super Mom"!

Speaking of parenting.  The local media was buzzing last week about THIS article.  


It was a great one for me to read at this time in my life.  While not all moms may relate to this specific article I think all moms can relate to the occasional (or not so occasional) feeling of inadequacy.

"Super Mom" syndrome.  Every generation of mother has experienced it and every mother can tell you examples of the "Super Mom's" they knew in their life or the "Super Mom" standards they felt they needed to achieve. 


The illusion may have changed a bit with each generation but the unhealthy feeling of inadequacy has not.

I have to constantly remind myself not to fall victim to the "Super mom" syndrome....there is nothing more consuming and counterproductive (I can tell you first hand ;).

Not exactly a cheery subject to blog about, but I know we all get it from time to time.

To all you beautiful moms out there make your own version of "Super Mom" which includes, laundry piles, afternoon naps (if ever possible), messy houses and kids that ENJOY their home life; because that is REALLY what your kids are going to remember!

As for myself, I think I am just in dire need of a good jog and a Yoga class....or a little drink!  

Maybe....just maybe.....I will have all three ;).

 Motherhood, Super Mom, Super Moms, Super Mom Syndrome 
Motherhood,Motherhood, Super Mom, Super Moms, Super Mom Syndrome Motherhood,Motherhood, Super Mom, Super Moms, Super Mom Syndrome Motherhood,Motherhood, Super Mom,
 






No comments:

Post a Comment