Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Final report card on the Fast Food Fast.....

I would say we kind of failed :).  Maybe not an 'F' grade....maybe a C-?  
www.tomcorsonknowles.com/.../making-healthier-fast-food-choices/

Here are the final stats:

Jody-Ate out 6 times in April.  One thing I did NOT do was eat Fast Food.  Every time I ate out it was at a sit down restaurant.   Not too bad for spending a whole weekend in St. George and having two dinner dates with close friends.  No weight lost here :).  I would say my St George trip sabotaged any hope of weight loss for the month since I managed to gain four pounds in one weekend ;).

The Hubby-Ate out 10 times (yes ten) with no dinner dates or weekend trips!  In his defense he did have the kids by himself the weekend I was out of town and he took the kids fishing all weekend.  Those two alone warrant some fast food!  He also did manage to lose five lbs., kudos on that one babe!

Things we noticed:


 Jody-
  • The money savings
  • I did not crave sugar near as much
  • I noticed I had far LESS energy after eating out.
  • That relationships REALLY revolve around food....or coffee :)
The Hubby-
  • Noticed he did not crave salt near as much as he usually does. 
  • He was not as hungry as he usually was (he was eating out for lunch every week day)
  • He had more energy.  (I even noticed this ;) 

Probably the hardest thing about it was date night.  When we got the opportunity to go out on a date  we almost passed because we had no idea what to do!  How do you go on a date without going to dinner?  Our solution was to go to the movie (a safe choice), however when we got there we decided a GINORMOUS tub of popcorn and Red Vines were not technically eating out so they were considered safe.  Not a good choice! 

While we improved on not eating out we didn't necessarily improve on all of our eating choices at home. 

It was a fun experiment.  One I intend on doing again. Next time I will pass with an 'A' I promise!

 Fast food, fast food, fast food, diet, diet, diet, diet, diet
Fast food, fast food, fast food, diet, diet, diet, diet, diet
Fast food, fast food, fast food, diet, diet, diet, diet, diet
 Fast food, fast food, fast food, diet, diet, diet, diet, diet

No comments:

Post a Comment