Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back to the grind.....

Oh Beach...I miss you already!  


Poor Heather, while she has been up all night, planning parties, painting houses (two of them), finding sitters AND working, I was enjoying eight days of California bliss!  Well, I take that back, I wouldn't say all eight were entirely blissful :).  

This week I am going to help take blogging off of Heather's ginormous TO DO list and give a recap of our trip...one day at a time :).  If you have not craved the ocean yet this summer.....you will....just wait and see :)

DAY 1-Theme of the day RANDOM.

Driving, Driving and more driving.  I was REALLY missing my camera in the front seat.  I could have done an entire blog post on the random things you see in the middle of no where (this nowhere being the middle of the California desert).  I could have had some awesome pics.  Unfortunately my words will have to do.

We saw a deserted water park in the middle of the desert.  A water park in the desert is a great idea.....if anyone lived there. 

We saw the deserted houses that looked as if they were SHREDDED down to the frame.  I don't know what kind of termites live in the California desert....obviously some efficient ones :).

We saw a camper parked...no....lodged under a metal carport/awning with no top on it.  It was like a tangled ball of metal.  Hmmmmm....

We saw trailers parked underneath their own personal telephone poles??

We saw car seats....with no cars, many "compounds", a couple dome houses....
 
The random list goes on and on and on.

For lunch we stopped in Barstow, rumored to be the Meth capitol of the US (would not be surprised) and ate at a McDonald's that was made out of old train cars.  Sounds cool right?  Nope.  Probably one of the WORST McDonald's experiences I have had.  It was stuffy, hot, crowded and it ended with Indiana telling me a guy in a white shirt and blue pants took a picture of her through the window.  WHAT!!!  

We arrived in SOLVANG CA just in time to hit the market to pick up some dinner and a bottle of wine (a necessity in wine country).  

Unfortunately all the shops in town didn't wait for our arrival...oh well we would be there for two more days!


 Stay tuned for Day 2.....MANY more pictures I promise!

Solvang CA, Solvang CA, Solvang CA
 Solvang CA, Solvang CA, Solvang CA
Solvang CA, Solvang CA, Solvang CA
California, California, Barstow, Barstow, Barstow



No comments:

Post a Comment