Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Little Big Guy

If there was any worry left about my little guy gaining weight, it has certainly passed now.  On Friday we took him to be weighed again, and he gained 2 1/2 pounds in just 2 weeks!  He's up to 11.7 pounds.  At 6 weeks old, that's a pretty big guy.  85th percentile, actually.




When I wake up each morning, I swear it seems like he has grown so much, he looks like a different baby.  I am so grateful that he is gaining weight and growing so well!  Those very early days of worrying are so difficult.

This weight gain also means that my little big guy spends the majority of his days and nights on feeding frenzies.  Not the typical every-3-hour-newborn-eating schedule.  No, he's on an every hour to 2 hour feeding schedule.  It's rough.

I can't believe that it has been 6 weeks since my little guy was born!  While I was still pregnant with him I thought back to my maternity leave with M.  I remember really stressing over her health, weight gain, finding a babysitter, going back to work, and so many other things.  I told myself that this time would be different...I would make a conscious effort not to stress like I did last time.   All in all, I would say that I have been much better.  BUT, the worry over weight gain is now being transferred to finding a sitter.  UUUUUUUGH! 

Finding a sitter/nanny/caregiver for a newborn is NOT fun.  There's the worry over finding just the right person (someone caring, loving, responsible - someone I can TRUST with my little love).  Worry over the expense, and the worry that I will actually make it to work on time - eek!  Oh, how I long to be the resident of a European country where maternity leave is more than 12 weeks (unpaid to boot).  Why do we Americans have to push everything to such limits??  It can't possibly be worth it.

Speaking of pushing things to the limit/overdoing everything; we are waist deep in projects here.  The new house is just about completely "demo'd" (demolition complete - I'll post on that next) and we are using serious elbow grease to get our old house ready to put up for sale next Monday.  Here's what I'm working on today:



Making our front porch pretty.  I picked up these lovely flowers last night (always one of my favorite things to do - it reminds me that summer is nearly here!).  I'll be planting the pots today.



I'll be weeding this flower bed and planting these bright yellow flowers.  M picked them out for me.  I love that!


We (mainly my mom) will also finish staining our storage shed.  Have I told you lately what  life-saver my mom is?!  I can not imagine what this time in our lives would be like without her.  She is truly the best.

So, speaking of stressing over going back to work, no lie, I just got a call from one of my coworkers asking for help with a project.  Going back is just around the corner.  Siiiiiiiiigh. 

Preparing house to sell, ideas to sell house, selling your house, selling your house, preparing to sell house, sprucing house to sell, tips to selling house, planting flowers to sell house, going back to work, going back to work, going back to work, planting for summer, spring planting, going back to work, preparing to go back to work, sitter, sitter, nanny, finding a sitter in salt lake, sitter in salt lake, nanny in salt lake, sitter salt lake, sitter salt lake, sitter salt lake, preparing house to sell
















2 comments:

  1. Loved all of the pictures. Of course your little one is beyond precious! I am so happy to see that he is growing and putting on weight with ease at this point. You are doing a great job mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, thank you my friend! I'm hanging in there.
      :)

      Delete