Friday, May 4, 2012

Firestation....K-Days....and More

Oh Heather, dinner with you was one of the best times I had all month!  If not for the company alone the food was AMAZING!  There is no one else I would rather spend a night in the city with my friend :).

This week has been a heavy week!  I had field trips, Kindergarten shots, Urine samples, Oldest son's maturation program, meetings...meetings...more meetings.  

Those memories of hot baths and novels seem so far away.  Maybe a good thing.....keep my from crying with nostalgia :).  

I keep telling myself....one day.  It will slow down and I will be so sad that my cute little kids are grown!  It goes by in a minute!  Unfortunately when we are in the trenches we forget to relish in their "tininess".  Many times we forget how insanely short this amount of time truly is and we will never get it back.  

Wednesday we headed down to the Fire Station for Indiana's preschool field trip.  It was a lot of fun!  Aside from my "Fearful Four" shadow.

My mom told me that when she was in school (Elementary Education) she learned about the "Fearful Four's"; Four being the year that children seem to be afraid of many things...in Indiana's case most things.  I have not done much research on this subject (I really should) but it seems to ring so true with Indiana.  As I have said and will say again this could and very well may be a WHOLE blog post in and of itself :). 

 This was my little Indiana.....Gripping my hand and biting her fingernails. 
Here's the fire pole where kids asked the fireman "Do you slide down it".  When the fireman said "Yes" another kid went on to say "Are those stairs (next to it)?   Do you walk down those too?" Love it!  Nothing like a group of preschool kids to call the firemen out ;).
Yep.  Still biting her nails :)......
By the end of her tour she FINALLY relaxed enough for a photo.....

After the Fire Station we headed pack to the park where the teacher showed the kids how to draw a fire truck. 
It was so cute to see them all attentively watching the teacher make a Fire Truck out of shapes.
She did a great job.....and yes she is still biting her nails....sigh....

After the art project the kids headed over to the old Pleasant Grove Rec Center.  This place has seen better days!  I remember rollerskating here in the Summer's as a kid.  
The kids practiced their Stop, Drop & Roll moves.  I myself, was glad for the hand sanitizer :)
And then on to some parachute.  I remember LOVING this game as a kid.  For those parachute players out there, didn't they seem GINORMOUS?  

The last part of the field trip was to see a movie about Fire Safety.  
How is it that I STILL have the jingle stuck in my head and when the teacher asked the kids to give her one example of fire safety they couldn't give ONE? :).

Indiana however was able to recite the "Stop Drop and Roll" to get her Fire Chief hat!  

Success! 

What are your plans for the weekend?  I myself have a long list of chores to do :(.  I feel like a kid with a Saturday chore list!  

Have a great weekend everyone!

 











No comments:

Post a Comment