Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Like a Kid In a Candy Store

As a kid me and my best friend had a candy store....it was a blast.  Not so lucrative when you eat all the candy....but a great experience.  So when my son wanted a summer time project to earn money I suggested opening a Candy Store.  It has been open a few weeks now and they have done pretty well.

ZOTS Are officially all the rage for grade school kids.  Hmm...never heard of 'em.
Doesn't it just make you want some goodies??  Does me....why else do you think they are doing so well ;)
Look at those budding entrepreneurs!  Math skills, Business Management Skills, People Skills.... Check...Check....Check...

I had to take a step back and let them do their thing.  It was hard....VERY hard!  Sign ideas....display concepts...pretty typed up prices....visions of grandeur were swimming through my head.  

But what would their store be if I did that.......MY STORE.  
While I would love to go off on my tangent of "letting kids experience life on their own terms".... I am much too tired to stand on that "Soap Box" tonight.  So I will leave it that! 
ots, Candy Store, Licorice Ropes, Kids Candy Store, Airheads, kids candy store
 Night Y'All

 

No comments:

Post a Comment