Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I love Lyle...

LOVETT, that is!

We saw him in concert Sunday. 
Man, I love his shows!  I love that he stays true to the big band.  There were 14 musicians on stage at once.  And, that guys has got some soul. 


He played at one of my all-time favorite venues:  Red Butte Gardens
It really is the perfect place to have a concert.  The stage is outdoors surrounded by some of the most beautiful gardens ever.  It is a smaller venue with general admission seating.  It's intimate and every spot is great.

Only drawback of a concert outdoor:  Chance of rain.
It has been sweltering hot here for weeks.  Of course, it was broken with a torrential downpour just before Lyle took the stage.
Good old Lyle and his Big Band came out anyway.  Said the rain wouldn't stop them.  Even when it REALLY started pouring, he just kept on singing his heart away.

My view.
I was lucky.  The umbrellas in front of me lined up just perfectly.  I was still able to see great.
Me and my man. 
I'm sporting a Coleman Rain Suit.  Sold for camping.  Used for concert.
By the way, does anyone ever look good when they hold a camera 2 feet in front of them for a self-pic?  Serious.  If you know a trick, let me know.
We enjoyed the night with some of our good friends.  These two are the best!  See that lady?  Heart of GOLD.  She helps children get into great Foster Homes.  She needs her own post.


Down the row there is another great woman.  Cracks me up.  Someone referred to her as "Julie the Cruise Director" at this event.  So fit!  Every group of friends needs a person to corral them.  She's that (and so much more) for this group.
Want to know something REALLY cool about her?  She used to ride horses on a ranch in Wyoming!  Now, that is one cool mama!

Back to Lyle.
He is cool.
There's something to be said about a band that wears suits (and best dress) to perform.
What a dynamic combination of Country, Blues, Gospel and Jazz.
His band is just as talented as him.  Amazing musicians.
"Here I am.....Yes, it's true.......all I want....girl......is you......."
Have you heard "If I Had a Boat"?  One of my favorites!  If you haven't, check it out now.  You will love it, too!  Promise.
Lyle Lovett, Lyle Lovett, Lyle Lovett, Red Butte Gardens, Lyle Lovett concert, Red Butte Gardens concerts, Red Butte Gardens Concert Series, Big Band, Francine Reed, Francine Reed, Francine Reed, Lyle Lovett, Red Butte Gardens, Francine Reed, Red Butte Gardens Concert Series, Lyle Lovett, Big Band, Big Band, Gospel, Francine


1 comment:

  1. Seriously Heather, I thought I knew practically everything about you. I had NO idea that you were a fan of Lyle Lovett. You think you know a person after 26 years of friendship, but every now and then you get a surprise like this. Looks like a fun concert despite the rain. You guys looked like you were having a great time! Oh, and that self picture of you and Bill looks terrific. What are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete