Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grand Mesa National Park

My parents live just below the beautiful Grand Mesa on the Western Slope of the Colorado Rockies.
The Mesa is absolutely stunning!  With over 300 lakes, the views are just amazing.

These lakes are one of the reasons that my parents moved to this beautiful place. 
Fishing.  My step-dad has enjoyed many, many hours on these lakes.  It is nice and quiet.  And, the fishing is good.
We decided to take the scenic way home last time we were there and go over the Mesa.  It only took an extra hour (with stops) and it was more than worth it.
M said it "was so BEAUTIFUL!"
It was blazing hot in the valley.....it was such a relief to find a little rain up there.


I have to keep reminding myself to take the scenic route.  It seems like we always have so much to do, and so many places to be, that we don't take time to appreciate some of the most incredible places on earth....right in our backyard!

Grand Mesa National Park, Colorado Rockies, Grand Mesa, Scenic Route, Grand Mesa, Colorado Rockies, Grand Mesa National Park, Western Slope, Western Slope



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. I loved this post! Looks like an incredible place to visit. I am ready to hop in my car right now and check it out in person.

    ReplyDelete