Sunday, July 31, 2011

20 Years

I went to my 20 Year High School Reunion last night.
Interesting.

Fun and interesting!

It was really great to see so many people that I hadn't seen in so many years and to catch up.  Fun to reminisce.  So many funny memories.  I laughed a lot!  A LOT!

It was also sad to miss those that didn't make it.  I couldn't help but wonder where they were at and why they decided not to come.  We had nearly 400 people in our graduating class and only about 150 came.  I think that Facebook is squashing reunions as we know them.  It is so sad.

You know, I almost didn't go.  Thought that my curiosities had been met - I had already connected with so many classmates on Facebook.  I was SO wrong.  And I am so very glad that I went!  Facebook does not substitute for any face-to-face conversation!


Sadly, I forgot to take my camera,  Someone took this with my phone.

This is John.  He is one of my best friends from school.  We've stayed in touch, but I don't get to see him much, because he lives in California.  It was so great to see him.  It has been too long.  We got to spend Saturday together.  When you hear someone say "So and so is a character", John is that!  A character!  HILARIOUS!  Always fun...crazy.  Heart of gold, too.
High school reunion, 20 year reunion, Facebook, Reunions, Facebook, High school reunion, 20 year reunion, reminiscing, high school, 20 year high school reunion, Facebook, Facebook, Facebook ruining reunions, high school reunion, 20 year reunion, Facebook destroying high school reunions, high school reunion, 20 year reunion, 20 year reunion, high school reunion

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed our reunion. I'm happy that everyone in our little group decided to attend. Made it really fun! You know what is crazy? The video that Rich put together. I thought I was pretty aware of everyone that was in attendance, but it turns out that I missed A LOT of people! There were many people that I knew that were there that did not appear in his video, but there were people in it that I never saw in the room. So weird! Anyway, I am with you. I wished that more of our classmates had attended. It was great to be reunited with so many people from our childhood. You are 100% right about fb not replacing that one on one experience. So happy that we made the decision to go. You looked great that night too!

    ReplyDelete