Monday, February 27, 2012

Some Odd Going's On.....

This weekend was an interesting one.

Friday: I started the weekend off on a horribly sad note.  I found out my friends brother took his life.  This following her fiance's suicide in June and one of her best friends (In her suicide awareness group) in December.  Having this all happen to one person almost within a half of a year is unimaginable.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family and her precious two little kids at this time.  

If this story does not make you consider having the "Suicide prevention" talk with your children (age appropriate children of course) I hope you will.  My heart has been aching all weekend for those left behind to grieve and try to make sense of these tragedies.

Saturday: I bought me a Groupon to a new trendy little diner that opened here in town here this past summer called: Sammy's.  
  Makes me hungry just looking at it!

 Look at this menu.....YUMMMMMM

They are famous for their Pie Shakes and old fashioned diner style burgers and fries.  They have a kind of Retro/Indie style atmosphere and put a large emphasis on supporting local musical talent.  

I was stoked....we got the family ready to go, drove down and they were filming a MOVIE downtown at our Ghetto bar blocking off the entire road!  Really???  So, instead we came home, cooked us some dinner, ordered me a new laptop (hooray) and filed our taxes.  Super exciting night I tell ya'. 

Sunday: on our way to Sunday dinner at the in-laws house we decided to take a walk on a trail along the Provo River.  That was an adventure in and of itself.  The trail was sandwiched (by chainlink) in between   two of the saddest looking trailer parks I have ever seen, the slow dirty remnants of the Provo river and a run down KOA.   To top the trail off, it abruptly ended in pieces at the base of a torn up viaduct, thanks to the seemingly forever-ongoing freeway construction.  NOT what I was expecting from a "river trail" and NOT a trail I will recommend or visit myself again. 

We ended the night on a positive note with some delicious food and the Oscars!  Congrats to the Artist.  I thought it would take it.  There were some AMAZING movies nominated this year.  I have not seen the Artist yet but really want to.  

Maybe on our next date night....IF I can drag the hubby to it.

How was your weekend?





No comments:

Post a Comment