Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ahhhh

Meet my toilet.


I have a special fondness for this lovely piece of porcelain.

We are smack dab in the middle of renovating our bathroom.  Hubby was hopeful that the entire project would take him 4 days (so we went to my mom's house for a visit before the baby comes).  Ah, but no.  We should know better.  This cute little house is 116 years old!  You just never know what you are going to find behind walls and under floors.  It turned out that the floor under the old sub-floor had dry rot.  So, hubby had to pull all of that out and replace beams.  He also found that someone had really taken some short cuts on the plumbing.  So, all of that had to be fixed, too.  Needless to say, M and I are back in town and "roughing it" at our house.  Oh, in case you didn't know, we have one bathroom.  So, for 24 hours we used the convenience store and grocery story for a little relief.  NOT fun when you are 8 months pregnant!  Yes, this is a first world complaint/issue.  I am fully aware that I would not fare so well 8 months pregnant in an outhouse or using a pit in the ground.  I can not tell you how happy I was when our toilet was installed last night.

Tub is going in right now.  Hooray!

One more picture of my friend.  I do have before pictures and can't wait to show you them along with after pictures when we are done.  Consider this a sneak peek.


Small bathroom ideas, small bathroom ideas, bathroom remodeling, DIY bathroom, DIY bathroom ideas, DIY bathroom tile, mosaic tile historical home, mosaic tile in historical home, historical home remodeling, small bathroom ideas, porcelain toilet, porcelain toilet, small bathroom ideas, DIY bathroom ideas, mosaic tile, mosaic tile in historic home, historical home bathroom remodeling

No comments:

Post a Comment