Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My theme for V-Day this year....IRONY

Here is a little continuation to the V-Day theme.  First of all Heather your post was VERY sweet!  I loved the candy bar idea, it reminds me that I need to make time to do cute little crafts like this for my kids.  Just looking at it made me smile.  

My mom always makes the BEST heart shaped sugar cookies every year and my hubby's mom makes hand dipped chocolate strawberries.  Mix those together and you can never have a bad V-Day!  

The only thing that my Valentine's day lacked was the pictures!  Even without them I have to blog about it.  

This year I had a "serious" discussion borderline argument with my hubby about his lack of surprise, romance, or sentiment when it came to Valentines day.  I seem to keep bringing up the ONE year he went to Wal-Mart in the morning and bought me a really bad gift....poor guy. 

The irony....I said ALL of this and I myself, headed for Target yesterday afternoon (Yes on Valentines day) to pull together a last minute present for the hubby :).

He decided this year to prove me wrong.  He planned the sweetest outdoor candlelight dinner (in our backyard) in front of a fire in our Chimnea.  I am telling you the guy REALLY pulled it off!  

He hired (bribed) the kids to be the waiter/waitress and got my parents to watch the baby.  

We walked back and he had the table set up, sent a text to the waiter to queue the music (A CD I had put together for him on a previous V-Day) and out came the waiter and waitress with a menu of Bombay House my all time FAVORITE restaurant.

It was awesome!  It made me cry a little.  My husband said he was going to go into work and shout "I SCORED" and no one would even know he was talking about the Valentine's idea ;). 

Bringing us to the lack of pictures.  I asked the waiter aka the "Coyster" to bring out the camera and he couldn't find it.  Too bad for the hubby, I told him he needed to pack a picture around in his wallet for the next time I tried to bring up the Wal-Mart incident.

Last night could prove to all men that your plans don't have to be elaborate or expensive to mean a lot to a lady....the just need to be PLANS! 

To add a little visual interest to all you visual blog readers out there (I hope you were able to make it through the V-Day blurb).  Heather and I were talking about the "Stay Home Mom Life" yesterday and I came across this picture I thought EVERY stay home mom or even working mom alike would appreciate.  

I love this, so true.

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment