Thursday, October 11, 2012

The business of motherhood.....

Heather and I have committed in our effort to blog with "Intention" to blog about issues that affect us as mothers once a week.  An interview I watched on the Today show was the perfect subject for my post.  A mother on Strike!

I absolutely loved this story!  I strongly suggest you take the extra five minutes to check it out.


All I can say is I SOOOO Relate!  There have been MANY times I have threatened to strike and I give kudos to this mom for actually doing it.

I think the best comment was when the youngest girl said she was "Sad" when she saw the mold.  Priceless.   I honestly can not even imagine if I let my house go for a week.  YIKES!  

I know this is what "B's" would look like (always) if I went on strike. 

I do think that children need chores and every mom needs help; whether she is a working mom, stay at home mom, a college student or all of the above (the category I am currently in).  My oldest child does chores but I will be the first to admit that I am not consistent enough.  My youngest two will help out only if I am cleaning with them and even then it is like pulling teeth.   

Enough already!  Time to Pinterest the dreaded "Chore Chart".

What do you think?  What are your feelings on this?  Do you think she went too far? 

My thoughts.....this lady is a genius and I think I am ready for a strike and a glass of wine myself ;). 







No comments:

Post a Comment