Monday, October 22, 2012

Jody's TOP TEN FALL MUST DO's:

I think every season must have a "MUST DO" list.  Of course, for the self proclaimed Fun Junkie this has to be a FUN list.  This is tailored to Utah, so for those outside of Utah you should consider a Fall trip one year.  Fall is AMAZING here!

Here it goes....

JODY'S TOP TEN FALL MUST DO'S:

1. Fall Mountain Biking Trip:
I haven't been mountain biking for YEARS, not since I was charged by a moose during the moose rut (a whole other blog post) to be exact but it was AMAZING!  We hit Rock Canyon campground at the top of Provo canyon and rode down.  It was rocky and intense but worth the sore legs and hand cramps. 
2. Hit your local ski resort for a Fall Colors scenic lift ride:
My local resort.  SUNDANCE!  I LOVE Sundance.  It is one of my favorite places to be in Summer/Fall and this lift ride did not disappoint.  

3. Hit farm country.....bonus if it has a pumpkin patch: 
Our local farm country is a place called Hee-Haws.  A family fun farm clad with a petting zoo, corn maze, hay rides, pumpkin patch, slides, swings and games.  We had a blast! 

4. Pick up a Pumpkin Spice Latte:

Photo: http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/espresso/pumpkin-spice-latte


I have to admit I CAN NOT get enough of these this fall.  I think I had four last week alone.  Check out the nutritional info on these puppies....It is KILLING ME in the weight management arena :). 

5. HIKE HIKE HIKE...need I say more? 

The canyon just up the street was teasing me with it's intense pop of red!  My motto for this fall was "hike to the red".  We made it...and it was AMAZING!
 6. Enjoy some Harvest Ale
Photo: http://draftmag.com/
I am more of a wine gal myself but I love me a good harvest beer.  This is one on my list that is still on the "TO DO".  I WILL surely take care of this one before we hit winter.

7. Enjoy a night out with the Witches (and great friends)

Here in Utah Gardener Village is the place to be on October.  The Witchfest is in full swing.  If you live in Utah and have not been, I strongly recommend you stop by and see the witches.  

8. Get Crafty
Something about Fall turns on my inner crafty....it is about time!  We kicked off our Fall Craft central with some Rustic owls.  Stay tuned for some "How To-sies".

 9.  Make/Enjoy/Indulge yourself with Carmel Apple.....YUM

Photo and Recipe: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/caramel-apples-10000001540364/index.html
10. Throw yourself some type of Harvest shindig...whether it be a tailgate party, a Halloween party or host Thanksgiving.  Just do it.  There is nothing like the Fall and it is even better when shared with family and friends.

Here are my Fall "Must Do's"....what are yours? 











No comments:

Post a Comment