Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Faaaaaahhhhl

I can't begin to put into words how beautiful Utah is right now.
All of the leaves are changing color.
When you are in the city and look up to the mountains, all you see are vibrant greens, reds, oranges and yellows.


If you've been following us for awhile, I'm sure that you have heard me say that Summer is my very favorite season.  It really is.  But, Fall would come in a very close second.
I LOVE Halloween and everything that goes along with it.....carving pumpkins, dressing up, costume parties, corn mazes, haunted houses, apple cider, scary movies......I also love wearing boots & the cooler weather....
Fall has always meant new beginnings to me.  Maybe because school always began in Fall.  There's a certain air of excitement that goes along with it.


I've been promising M that we would take a picnic up Millcreek Canyon.
It only takes us 10 minutes to get to this spot from our house!  That includes windy mountain roads.
So, blessed!


The weather held for so long, it almost seemed like it would last forever.  Of course, it changed over night and it was actually cold last weekend.  We tried to beat the sun going down and opted to just take Five Guys burgers, hot dogs and fries up.  That still qualifies as a picnic, right?


This must be M practicing for Halloween.  Might be a scream or a growl.
Check out the hubby's expression.  It is cracking me up. 
She must have been screaming!


Here's some more good facial expressions from him.
Self portraits by just holding the camera in front of you just never seem to turn out.



My poor husband.  When I saw these pictures I asked him if he's feeling okay.
Since he had cancer, I'm always looking at his face and body - searching for any signs of another bout of the ugly stuff.  He's actually TRYING to lose weight.  But, now that his face is looking thinner, I catch myself wondering and worrying.

When we met with his Oncologist (who, by the way is THE VERY BEST!) for the first time, she warned me that the spouse always worries more than the patient.  She was SO very right on that one!

All I will say is that I am glad he has a follow up tomorrow.  The fact that he has them every 4 months, keeps me sane.

Oh, yeah.  I don't know that I've actually talked about his cancer on the blog much.  So, I should tell you that he is in remission...YEAH!  Thought I better say something in case you were wondering. 


I wish I would have adjusted the settings on my camera as the sun was going down.  These photos look a little drab.  It really wasn't.  The colors were so vibrant!

I would love to be able to purchase Photoshop.  Maybe one day.  Until then, I heard about a freebie program that is supposed to pretty good.  It's called Inkscape.  I hear it is comparable to Illustrator.  We shall see.  I downloaded it the other day.  I'm excited to start playing with it and hoping that I can do some photo editing with it.  I'll let you know.

 
 
She's so funny.  She doesn't wear her sunglasses because she thinks they look cool.  She's always worried about protecting her eyes.  I don't know where that came from.  But, she wears them quite a bit.
 
What is Fall like in your neighborhood?
 
Millcreek Canyon, Millcreek Canyon Fall, Millcreek Canyon, Millcreek Canyon fall, Fall color Millcreek Canyon, fall in Millcreek Canyon, Millcreek Canyon, fall color Millcreek, Millcreek Canyon Utah, Millcreek Canyon Utah, Millcreek Fall Color, Millcreek Utah, Mt Olympus Utah, Mount Olympus, Mount Olympus Utah, Mount Olympus UT, Mount Olympus


No comments:

Post a Comment