Sunday, October 23, 2011

95 Years

We celebrated my grandmothers 95th birthday today.  Not many people can say they lived to 95, my cute little grandma can ;).  She was not up for taking many pictures, she stayed in bed for her party but she was happy we were all there.  We did manage to get some pics out by their barn....a barn older than her and a city historical structure. 

Many memories at my grandparents' house.  We all swung on the rope swing in the barn, picked raspberries and peas in the garden, chased the chickens and sheep and collected eggs.  Visiting them could take anyone back to simpler times.  

Today we got to see our children (her great grandchildren) do the same.  It was surreal and a memory I will cherish forever.  Time flies....it seems like yesterday I was the kid at my grandma's house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment