Friday, September 9, 2011

Not Ready to Give In Yet

Summer is my favorite season.  In fact, the hotter the better for me. 
Rides in the Jeep (top off, of course), swimming, fireworks, feeding ducks...
Liberty Park.  What could be better, really?
And, I have to say that I feel pretty ripped off this year.  And, last year, too.  Since it rained ALL through the end of June, we really only got two months of summer. 
That's really NOT enough.

With the new chill in the air and spotting leaves beginning to turn this week, I found myself thinking about what I need to do to change the decor at our house.  I was thinking about a simple fall leaf wreath on the front door.  Maybe some leaf arrangements in the Living Room.  As much as I love Halloween, I'm definitely not ready to go there yet. 
Then I remembered that I only went swimming one time this summer.  That's sad.  So, I said "Forget It".  I'm not ready for fall leaf wreaths.  M and I went to the store and bought some bright yellow and purple flowers to replace those that have dried out.  I'll just transition straight from vibrant flowers to Halloween this year.  I MIGHT be ready for fall next month.

Liberty Park, Liberty Park, Liberty Park Pond, Liberty Park Duck Pond, short summer, Liberty Park Salt Lake City, Liberty Park Pond, Summer in Utah, Summer in Utah, Liberty Park Duck Pond

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post, the pictures, your views on summer, your wanting it to last and last. It just made me happy. I too am not ready for the fall. The only thing I am looking forward to is the lower temperatures for my morning runs. The last two weeks have been perfect. See, and it's still summer.

    ReplyDelete