Friday, November 4, 2011

Goo and Sooup

Tonight we had a goo and soup festival....well soup then goo.  I obviously forgot to take pictures of the soup but I delivered with the goo!   I am showing my domestic side with a recipe blog ;)

Cornstarch Goo-super easy and so much fun....did I also mention a big FAT mess!

Mix: 
1 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup water 
Mix food coloring if desired 
Stir cornstarch in slowly


When you move it hardens, when you stop it softens.  It's amazing stuff!


ON TO THE SOUP

Olive Garden's Zuppa Tuscana Soup (AMAZING)

1 lb. Spicy Italian Sausage
1/2 lb. Smoked Bacon (optional)
1 qt. water
2 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
2 large russet potatoes
2 cloves of garlic (Peeled and crushed)
1 Medium Onion (Peeled and chopped)
2 cups of Kale (washed and chopped)
1 cup heavy whipping cream (I subbed out for whole milk and fat free half and half)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Instructions:  Brown sausage & break into small pieces.  Rinse and set aside.  Put all ingredients (except: Kale, Cream & Sausage) in a pot and simmer until potatoes are soft.  Add sausage and simmer for 10 minutes.  Then add cream & kale.  Simmer until kale softens-DO NOT BOIL and serve!

Simplify-use food processor (I used my personal Ninja ;) to chop onion and garlic.  





No comments:

Post a Comment