Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Muppets AND.......



A few weeks ago M and I were watching TV and a commercial came on for the new Muppets movie.  She was instantly mesmerised.  Since she is only 3, she has never seen the Muppets.  When they came onto the screen she jumped up, ran over to the TV and said, "Mamma!  What is that?!  Who are they?!!"  I had to rewind the commercial several times for her.....I also had to explain that it was a movie and that we would have to wait for Thanksgiving to see it. 

Well, my little M has a memory like no other.  I'm not kidding ya.  She remembers EVERYTHING.  She remembered that the Muppets were coming out at Thanksgiving and reminded me that I said we would go.  Just after we had Thanksgiving dinner she brought it up again.  I told her that she would have to go to bed early if we were going to go.....not 30 minutes later she was saying she wanted to go to bed (that was a first!).  She was down EARLY just so we could go.

Needless to say we drove an hour to see the first Muppets showing yesterday.  We're still at my parents and that was the closest theater.  She actually chose to see the Muppets before going to see Santa!  She LOVED it.  She said that "Miss Piggy and the frog" are her favorite. 

As much as I thought it was a cute movie and glad she was so happy, I was a little bummed myself.  Going to the first showing also meant that we missed out on all of the Black Friday Early Bird Specials.  CRAP!  I told the hubby that I need to watch what I say next year, because I'm not missing out on the deals again!

**************************************************
Since we left for my parents last Wednesday, I haven't had a chance to post some other exciting news, yet.  We had our 20 week ultrasound last Tuesday........M is going to have a baby BROTHER!  I was truly shocked.  I thought for sure I was having another girl.  I guess I can throw "Mother's Intuition" out the window!

So, I am now off to sort through 5 bins of baby girl clothes and "stuff".  We are going to sell them since we won't be needing them anymore.  I don't know if it's just the hormones, but I have to say that it is making me very sad.  I've already seen several outfits that I want to hold on to - just because it reminds of something M was doing when she wore it.  It's going to be a tough task!

Heather
Muppets, The Muppets Movie, The Muppets Movie, Muppets 2011, Muppets 2011, Muppets and Thanksgiving, baby girl consignment sale, baby girl clothes to consignment, selling baby girl clothes, selling baby girl clothing, Muppets 2011 Thanksgiving, The Muppets Movie, Having a baby boy, Having a baby boy, sorting clothes for consignment sale, consignment sale, baby girl consignment sale, baby girl consignment sale, Muppets 2011



2 comments:

  1. Awww SO Sad Auntie!! :( Don't let it get you down because now you will get to make new memories in new clothes with your little man.. :D I swear to you just because of I and seeing my friends that have boys, there is just some kind of different bond you will have with your son that is SO different then with a girl. I don't know much about having a girl but I see the bond with boys and their mommies and I'm so excited (mostly for this reason) that I get to have that with another little boy! You will love it! And your so lucky you get your little girl AND little boy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this is wonderful news. Congratulations my friend!!! You are blessed to have the opportunity to raise a son and daughter. They are so different, and so much fun. The saying is definitely true about mama's boys. Oh my goodness, how I love mine. You are having a son at a great time as far as baby clothes go. They keep getting more and more cute. It's hard to give up clothing that have so many memories attached to them. I get that. Perhaps save a few of your very favorites. That's what I did.

    Oh, and I love that you dropped everything to take M to see the Muppet Movie. How cute are you? Love it!

    ReplyDelete