Friday, August 31, 2012

Fab Find Friday

VIVA CRAYOLA!


Last night we did some shopping for M's little friend's birthday.  As I'm sure you are fully aware, it is back-to-school mania in stores right now.  School supplies galore!  While I'm sure the bright yellow and green packages containing every color under the sun are not new to you....the supplies are my fab find this week because of their temporary price!

Box of crayons:   $0.49
Watercolors:        $2.99 AND Buy One Get One Free - so $1.50 each

$.49 for a box of color!  You can not beat that.  I don't remember when I was able to buy something for less than a dollar.....Remember when candy bars were $.25?  And, you could buy a soda out of a vending machine for $.50?  Chrissie, do you remember putting our $1.00 lunch money into the school vending machine for a candy bar and Dr. Pepper?  Ugh!

Anyway, school has started in most parts and you may be thinking "there is NO way that I am going back down that isle".  But, may I encourage you to sneak down there just one more time.  Not for school supplies, but for CHRISTMAS!  These prices only come around once a year.  It's a great time to stock up!

We bought a few boxes of crayons, markers and paints to have on hand for birthday presents.  I threw a few in the basket for stocking stuffers.  But, the thing I'm most excited about?  M chose a few fun supplies for our Christmas Box this year.  You may remember my post on Samaritan's Purse Christmas Shoebox Program last year.  If not, check you can check it out HEREThis is truly a great program and we're excited to do it again this year.  If you're thinking of helping some little ones out this Christmas, you can't beat $0.49 boxes of crayons.  FAB FIND!

Happy Friday All!
Heather






2 comments:

  1. What store did you find this awesome price at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiths! We were also at Wally World this weekend and I saw they were selling boxes of crayons for $.50/pack. It struck me funny that they were a penny more than Smiths. :D

      Delete