Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Staying Afloat.....

Thank you for the birthday shout out Heather.  You are so sweet!  

I had a great birthday.....one that involved a family reunion, a midnight dash to Mesquite, a bottle of champagne and a bubble bath at 2:00 in the morning, breakfast, a hike and cliff jumping bright and early!  Yes that is how I roll these days.  Jam packed and staying afloat....barely ;)


If you haven't noticed already this is pretty consistently me and Heather's MO :).  If the plate's not full, we are hungry.  A good thing....right??

Well, I am back from my blogging sabbatical and my apologies for being a stranger.  It has been a couple of seriously CRAZY weeks for me down in the UC. 

I thought I would end my blog post with my TOP TEN SUMMER MUST DO's.

*I know...I know...summer is almost over.  I thought I would get you started on some ideas for next Summer ;).  I also really really don't want to say goodbye!

MUST DO #1: Get in a Raft

See photo above.  Disclaimer: I would not suggest a sinking one without oar mounts like mine; but aside from all of that, it is fun to get out on a lake if only for a minute. 

MUST DO #2: Hiking Date Night

If you are in Utah, Albion Basin would be my top recommendation in July or August.   A bottle of wine is always a welcome addition to a date night....My current favorite: Barefoot Red Moscato.  YUM!

MUST DO #3: Trip to the Ocean


Any ocean would do ;)

MUST DO #4: Go Camping

I know this is hard to do with little kids but trust me it is so worth it! 

MUST DO #5-Hit the Zoo

Kids and animals....Need I say more?

MUST DO #6-Play in the rain

Even if you cheat and use an umbrella....

MUST DO #7-Go on a picnic

Can't beat the atmosphere here.

MUST DO #8-Go to a Carni

I am glad it is only a once a year thing :).

MUST DO #9- Watch a Meteor Shower

Sorry no photo for this one....I tried but it was too cloudy!

MUST DO #10-Go outside and play! 

Sandstone and water make a perfect playground.

That finishes off my TOP TEN.

Things I didn't get to do this year that I really wish I would have: 

1. More Farmers Markets
2. Grow Cherry Tomatoes
3. Paint!  (It has been on my goal list)
4. Go Mountain Biking

What are your Summer Must Do's?  Maybe I can borrow some ideas to add to my next years list ;).

Welcome Fall....I will miss Summer but I sure do love your cooler temps, fresh veggies and AMAZING colors! 







 Summer To Do List
Summer To Do List
Summer Must Do List
Summer Fun List
Pinterest Summer Fun List
Pinterest Summer To Do List




No comments:

Post a Comment