Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Pancake House, Seal Beach, San Luis Obispo, Pismo Beach, Morro Beach....Yes this is only Day 2

First let me start with saying Heather I LOVED your post.  We sure do have a lot going on in our lives right now....especially YOU so it will be refreshing to start talking creativity instead of deadlines for just a bit.   On deadlines, you already have many of those in the works!

It is so fun to see how big your "little guy" is getting!

Alright....on to DAY 2! Theme of the day:  A cross between AMBIANCE and AGENDA

Agenda: I seem to over plan trips :)  I told my hubby to remind me next vacation that I will need to take my agenda and cut it in half, then we can talk realistically.  For our honeymoon we spent almost our entire week DRIVING through Colorado and staying in dive hotels to see all the places I wanted to see.  Romantic right?

Ambiance: I insisted that we had to experience the dining in these little towns.  I didn't want to just eat out I wanted to eat at places with "Ambiance".  It was the experience with the food.  My hubby told me after this trip he could go without hearing that word for the rest of his life ;).

Day 2:  On the agenda for the day: Some Authentic Solvang breakfast, Pismo Beach and San Luis Obispo.

SOLVANG

We stopped in at: Paula's Pancake House.

One word-Ambiance!


Such a cute and YUMMY restaurant!  If you ever make the trip to Solvang I would suggest this quaint little place for some danish pancakes. 

We got to sit right in front of the window
Breakfast of champions right there!
 Perfect photo opp!
Now off to: PISMO BEACH
Love this picture!
When we arrived at Pismo Beach it was foggy and COLD.  Indiana was not feeling too good so we didn't want her to get too wet.  Of course that means she took about five steps into the water and fell over :).  She was SOAKED.

There she is right when she went down.
The sun came out a little bit but it was still too cold to play.....so we headed for San Luis!


SAN LUIS OBISPO
Known as the Happiest Place in America.  I really wish we had more time there.  It was a fun little town with streets filled with shops and a river walk going through the town.  There were also a whole bunch of people doing Yoga in the park.  I have seen it before but not on this level it was crazy!  I am really kicking myself for not getting more photos :).

The kids found a great little toy store where the Coyster found himself a pretty nice boogie board and an awesome boomerang.  The boogie board was only 12 bucks!

We found ourselves a nice little Brewing Company right off the river walk.  Did anyone say..... AMBIANCE?  I did....a few times :)
Indiana was loving it :)
Here we met a nice couple that told us about the Elephant Seal observation point......so we were off!

On our way out of town we stopped at the best stop sign ever.  Under the STOP someone put a sicker that said: Stressing.  That became my hubby's new motto during the trip.  Stop Stressing!

VISTA POINT
And Elephant Seal's there were.....A WHOLE LOT of them!
This is only mama seals and their children.  The male seals are up in Alaska feeding.  Crazy thing is they come back to this very spot EVERY year because it was where they were born.  AMAZING!  Can you imagine navigating a body of water that covers most of the earth and making it back to the very same place you were born?  We were very happy for Jill (our GPS) just to get us to Cali.  There would be no hope for us :).

It was crazy how close we were able to get to them.  Even crazier was that Indiana was more fascinated by the squirrels on the trail than these gigantic creatures!  
 Look at that HAIR!  I love this picture.

On our way back we saw this:

 How could you not stop!

MORRO BEACH

This was a random stop but such a beautiful beach!  The sun was out and we found SO many full sand dollars!  We brought home about sixty and there were probably 10 for every 1 we picked up.  


Fun times!

That sums up day #2.  Jam packed fun at all stops.  We were able to go back to the condo, eat some steak, GIANT artichokes, drink some more wine and pass out!  

Happy Saturday everyone!           Pismo Beach, Solvang CA, Morro Beach, San Luis Obispo



No comments:

Post a Comment