Thursday, June 14, 2012

So Busy

Where to start.....
Let me begin by setting the mood:


So, I just need to say it again.  Things are SO CRAZY here.
Last week I continued my search for a sitter for the Little Man (had quite an interesting interview), worked on the new house, had some showings on the house, two open houses and went to Bear Lake for a Family Reunion.  Oh, we also got and filled a pinata for the reunion.  I should say M picked out the pinata.  Robot?  Don't know why, but she loved it. 



The best part about being in charge of the pinata is stuffing it!

This week was kicked off with a trip to the zoo with M's preschool.  Fun!


2 little mokeys in front of a monkey exhibit.


Aside from finding a sitter, this week's top priority is preparing for M's Fancy Nancy 4th Birthday Party, which is this Saturday.



You may be wondering why on earth there is so much prep for a 4 year old's birthday party.  You are not alone.  I've wondered the same thing myself.  Let me just say that with everything else going on it is just that much more difficult.  Well that and the fact that we could have THIRTY kids coming!  Yes, 30!  No, I never intended to invite 30 children.  It's just the way things turned out.  M really wanted to invite her friends from preschool.  Well, just after I agreed (10 kids in her class), I realized that it was their transition time at school (where 1/2 of the kids in a class move up to the next class).  To make the story short, we ended up inviting all of the kids in the 4's class, 1/2 of the 3's class and 1/2 of the 5's class (in addition to some of her other friends). 

I sure hope that she's just young enough to not realize how big the party is and not expect it that big in years to come!  I'll have some explaning to do.




Last night I hung these "fancy" ribbons on the wall that will be just behind her cake/dessert table.


That's a big pinata in front of the fireplace.  We filled it with 10 pounds of candy and toys last night.  2 pinata fillings in 2 weeks!  Ha!


Thank goodness for 2-day shipping!  With the craziness of last week, I forgot to order the Fancy Nancy plates.  That could have been disasterous.  I'll be honest.  When I saw the fee I was going to be charged to get these things here on time, I nearly didn't order them.  I'm so glad I went through with it.  M was so excited when they arrived yesterday, she was almost shaking as she opened the package.



Working on a banner that will say "Ooh, La La!" 
I always forget that DIY really means "Will take FOREVER"! 



Hubby is so exhausted he is falling asleep every time he sits down.  Poor guy!  Next year will be Chuck E Cheese's for sure!  I'm crazy for trying to do a party at the house right now.  There was a rational reason why I decided to do it.  I just don't remember what it is now.  :)

Fancy Nacy Party, Fancy Nancy party idea, ribbon backdrop, ribbon backdrop, Hogle Zoo, Hogle Zoo, Hogle Zoo, robot pinata, robot pinata, robot pinata, Fancy nancy pinata, Fancy Nancy Pinata, fancy nancy pinata, fancy nancy pinata, fancy nancy birthday party ideas, fancy nancy birthday party ideas, fancy nancy pinata, Fancy Nancy Pinata, Fancy Nancy party ideas, fancy nancy party

No comments:

Post a Comment