Tuesday, November 13, 2012

ENOUGH Already....and Facebook Factoids

At this point you have to Google Election Results 2012...it is old news.  Here in Utah however (the Angry red state) it is still headline news....on Facebook at least. 

What got me started on the subject of Facebook(ers) Newsworthy facts?  This picture I saw posted today. 

Original Source of this image: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2012/
With this comment below it: "I am in no position to speak anything about american politics, and don't know too much about it... but I do know enough...enough to know that (and correct me if I'm wrong) I'm pretty sure this means Romney should have won! ?!?
Obama (blue)

Romney (Red)
~ Jenny (Proud Canadian) ;)"


It would be interesting to see how many times this image WITH this message will be circulated on Facebook without anyone (especially the one who posted it) even taking the time to look at the link to the actual map (with its accurate explanation) right below it.

When someone can Google the results of the election (popular and electoral vote results) in the same amount of time they can log in to Facebook.  How are people still posting and re-posting this kind of stuff???  Sadly enough many people also believe it....I personally have corrected three people this week that believed that Romney won the popular vote. 

Craziness I tell you.....and this is one week after the election.  My fellow Utahn's and Facebook junkies can vouch for the absolute insanity that blew up all over Facebook on election night.  

I think the only thing I saw worth while on Facebook during the elections was this:

While I can not promise I will be pulling the plug on my Facebook account anytime soon, I can tell you with certainty that it will never replace NPR as my news source.  ;)











1 comment: